Surprises Revealed

Now that I've given this quilt to its owner, I can post about it. Last month, we were debating what to get a friend of ours for her birthday. I thought maybe a quilt would be nice, and then Harold asked if I could possibly finish one that fast. I realized that the last drunkard's path had gone faster than I thought it would, so yeah, I probably could. So then I suggested another drunkard's path quilt, this time with monkey prints. A "drunken monkey" if you will. Oh, now that we had the idea, there was no stopping the quilt.

I ended up having to hit every single fabric store in town. Only one had any monkey prints, and they were rather ho hum, so I ended up shopping online and buying from the Funkey Monkey collection by Moda. It was perfect.

Presenting Drunken Monkey:

Drunken Monkey



I'll also brag on it a little more to say that this was the best quilt sandwich I ever made. Someone suggested I try basting by first putting the top over the batting, rolling that up, then rolling it over a tightened backing. Totally worked. There are no wrinkles quilted into the back. Woo hoo!

Comments

  1. [...] Look at this quilt mentioned here in this link. That’s my quilt. It is perfect in subject matter and color and not only that, but I’m cold the entire winter and like to have blankets to cover up for things as simple as existing in the living room. [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky friend! That is a darling quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts