So, our project for today was to churn out some more rag quilts, and we ended up hitting a huge snag. I thought it would go much faster with the Accuquilt Go rag die I just got, and I suppose it would, except that it broke the entire machine in a matter of ten minutes. Upon further reading, it seems that the rag quilt die is the worst on the machine in terms of the pressure it needs to cut, so the conservative 4 layers I tried was not conservative enough. (The website says it will do "up to six" layers). It was fine for one stack, so I thought we were cool. The next stack of four got stuck when it was almost out. I tried backing it out, and no go. I tried cutting the fabric out to relieve the pressure, but it didn't work either. At some point I heard a plastic-on-the-inside-breaking crunch, and it was over. The crank will turn, but it will not roll. And the die. Is. Still. Stuck.
Looks like it's back to cutting things with rotary blades ans scissors for a while. Sigh.